Heartland Incubation, a venture of Oluaka Institute has partnered with Slush Global Impact Accelerator for the 2018 edition of the Global Impact Accelerator Program. The purpose is to support impact-driven start-ups and showcase exciting business opportunities in emerging markets, which are also vital for implementing the Agenda 2030 and solving complex challenges. In addition, the program will focus on strengthening the networks between the impact actors, engaging the Nordic community with the global impact entrepreneurs, and enhancing the mobilization of capital towards impactful businesses.
Slush Global Impact Accelerator is an international program designed for entrepreneurs from selected emerging markets in partnership with the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and multiple partners globally.
Over the past three years, the Global Impact Accelerator program has allowed Slush to establish a solid platform to integrate impact-driven businesses into its activities. As seen in 2017, Slush has shifted more and more towards solving the biggest problems of the world.
Slush is taking a strategic approach this year, through its partnership with Heartland Incubation Hub selected entrepreneurs will go through a 4-week local accelerator program after which finalist will be selected to attend the boot camp in Helsinki which will culminate in slush.
The finalist from the local accelerator program will be selected from a pitch competition and will have access to the global event which covers air tickets and accommodation.
IN 2018, WE ARE LOOKING FOR IMPACT STARTUPS THAT
- Have the vision to solve pressing challenges globally
- Have a business idea that has gained some traction, but is still in an early phase
- Have a solution that supports the sustainable development goals (SDGs)
- Have potential to scale
- Have skills and drive to succeed
- Have at least one working prototype
- May 7- May 31: Call for Application
Application Deadline Extended to June 7, 2018.
- June 28: Shortlisted startups will be contacted
- August 1- September 6: Local Accelerator Program
- September 7: Pitching Day
- Nov. 26- December 5: Slush GIA Bootcamp in Helsinki for Finalist
Note: All startups Shortlisted must attend the Accelerator Program at Heartland Hub (Accommodation Subsidy will be provided)
Apply here: http://bit.ly/slushgia2018
READ MORE at http://www.slush.org/gia/